Saturday, August 10, 2013

Oh Lake Como!











On the recommendation of a very well travelled family member I took a day trip to Lake Como from Milan. I didn't quite know what to expect before I went but as soon as I got my first glimpse of Lake Como I knew I had fallen head over heels for it. The beauty of the lake, mountains and little Italian towns was surreal. At first I was going to take to ferry across from the small town my train stopped at to a larger and more well known spot on the lake. However the quaint little town of Varrena captured my heart and all plans to go else where completely feel apart. I simply wondered along the shore line for the day climbing up cobble stone passageways and stopping to dip my feet in the lake when I got tired. I am quite pleased with how my photos turned out considering I only had my Iphone to use. I made the biggest travel mistake of leaving my memory card in my laptop the night before so my nice new SLR camera was a useful as a brick, and felt like one in my bag as well, at least that is a mistake I won't make again! Unfortunately I didn't bump into George Clooney like i was hoping for but alas there is always next time because I know I will going back to Lake Como the next chance I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment